Andrew Aldag joined the firm in 2000 and has been a partner since 2006. Andrew has a degree in chemical engineering and focuses his practice in the chemical and mechanical arts, with a focus on patent prosecution and patent portfolio management, as well as client counseling with regard to domestic and foreign patent prosecution strategies and advising clients with regard to freedom-to-operate strategies in a variety of technologies. Andrew is a member of the firm’s diversity committee and is also in charge of professional development for firm members.
Andrew has significant experience in a wide range of technologies, including:
- synthetic fiber and textile production
- polymer chemistries
- natural gas production, shipping and storage technologies
- oil upgrading and refining technologies
- electrochemical technologies
- food technologies
- pharmaceutical compositions and methods of use
- medical devices
- sporting goods and article of apparel/shoe technologies
Prior to joining Edell, Shapiro and Finnan LLC, Andrew worked at another boutique intellectual property law firm and also as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (examining patent applications in the mechanical and electrochemical arts).
In his free time, Andrew enjoys spending time with his family and friends, exercising (kettlebell training), taking long walks with his dog, attending concerts and sporting events, and reading.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Maryland Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association