David Zuckerman joined Edell, Shapiro & Finnan in 2016, and has been practicing before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) since 2014. With a degree in physics and related practical work experience, David focuses his practice on patent portfolio development, management, and counseling. His practice also encompasses post-grant proceedings before the USPTO.
David specializes in a wide variety of electrical, software, and mechanical technologies, including:
- wireless communications
- computer hardware and software
- optical networks and optical and laser devices
- textile manufacturing and smart textiles
- computer network security and optimization
- teleconferencing systems
- autonomous vehicles
- audio processing and headsets
- artificial intelligence/machine learning algorithms and systems
- imaging processing and display technologies
- user interfaces
- scheduling software
- Internet of Things
- medical devices
- space systems
- electronic circuitry and devices
- semiconductor fabrication
- financial services
Prior to joining Edell, Shapiro & Finnan, David practiced at two intellectual property law boutiques, including one large firm in Washington, D.C. At the boutiques, David prepared and prosecuted patent applications, was involved in post-grant proceedings, and monitored developments in patent legislation. He has also examined patent applications relating to rechargeable batteries at the USPTO.
Before embarking on a career in patent law, David worked in an astrophysics laboratory designing and testing hardware and software components for a cosmic ray detector.
In his free time, David enjoys reading books, listening to podcasts, and playing hockey.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)